- It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Piin App Ltd is the “data controller”. This means that Piin App Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Piin App Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;|
|GDPR||the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;|
|Piin App Ltd, or us||Piin App Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11097920 whose registered office is at 71-75 SHELTON STREET, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ ;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Piin App Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Piin App Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.piinapp.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Piin App Ltd is the “data controller”. This means that Piin App Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
2. What data do we collect?
Our mission at Piin is to facilitate meaningful connections. In order to do that, we need to collect some personal information (Data) about you that allows other people to understand who you are and whether they want to get to know you better.
We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you;
- data is received from other third-party sources; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
When you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services, you provide us with your login credentials, which includes your full name or nickname, phone number and date of birth. Your age, which is deduced from your DoB is visible to other members. Your last name is not shared. If you use a social media account to logon, we receive your public information as provided by that service.
When you complete your profile, you provide us with further information that allows people to filter your profile based on their preferences. This includes your gender, profession, details on your personality, preferences, interests, lifestyle and content such as photos and videos. When you add photos and videos to your profile, you may allow us to access your photo album or camera. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to us processing that information.
Messages / Chats
We process your messages with other Piin users. This includes the content you publish and is part of the operation of the services. Messages and voice notes are strictly private and stored on Piin’s servers to enable a conversation to happen between matches on the application. They are not accessible to other members not involved in the conversation Piin’s authorised managers do not hold or exercise any rights to view conversations between matches, except if requested for judicial reasons and /or in compliance with legislative or administrative reasons.
If you choose to purchase Piin Points or a Subscription to the app, directly through the app (and not via the Apple or Google Play Store) you provide us or our payment service provider with information such as your credit or debit card number or other financial information.
If you choose to make a purchase Apple’s App Store, Google’s Play Store and Microsoft’s Windows Phone Store, then Piin will not collect or process nay bank data. This data is collected and processed solely by the above platforms and Piin does not have an option of changing this payment method. The only information exchanged in this scenario is technical data that does not allow us to identify you but is required to confirm transactions.
When you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them), you may give us responses to our questions, insights into your opinions and insights into our products and services.
When you enter a competition or promotion through the app, website or a social media channel, we collect the information that you use to enter or register.
If you choose to invite friends to participate or download our Services, or ask us to communicate with other people on your behalf (e.g. send a link invite to a friend), we collect information about others that you give us in order to complete your request.
When you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means, we collect the information you provide us during that interaction. Note some interactions may be recorded for training purposes to improve our services.
When you elect to receive marketing communications from us, we collect the information that you use to register.
Data that is received from third parties
Piin App Ltd will receive Data about you from the following third parties:
- Social media sites used for logon and verification. This includes: Facebook; Linkdin; Instagram; Google+.
- Other users might provide information about you as they use our services. For example, we might collect inform about you if another user contacts us about you.
Data that is collected automatically
When you use our Services, we will collect your information pertaining to your activity on the website and application.
We automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
We will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Certain features of the Services require us to collect and process activity data such as last connection, date and time you logged in, features you used and the type and number of interactions with other Piin users (for example, Matches, Likes and the number of messages you send and receive); with third party accounts connected to your account (e.g. Spotify, Instagram, Facebook, TED Talks, Good Reads) and with the number of transactions carried out (purchasing Piin Points or subscriptions).
Location Data (geolocation):
Piin’s unique offering is to enable you to view and be visible to other Profiles in your checked-in location (e.g. bar, club) and in locations nearby, with a view to matching with someone who meets your preferences and who’s intent matches yours. When you create an account, you will be asked to deliberately authorise the collection and processing of your location data to allow Piin to share your location with other users who have also agreed to be geolocated. If you consent to this, your profile and these other users profiles, will be displayed on a map and as a newsfeed.
We collect your geolocation (latitude and longitude) through the following technologies, depending on the service and type of device you are using: GPS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connections.
If you deliberately consent to ‘always enable location settings’ then the application will be able to automatically check you in to a location that you have added to your favourites, when you are within 100m of that location. The application will also be able to automatically check you out of a location when you have left 100m of that location.
If you consent to ‘enable location settings’ only when you are using the application, the app with not be able to automatically check you in or out of a location until you are using the app or after 4 hours of inactivity (whichever comes first).
You are free to withdraw your consent at any time and disable your smartphone’s geolocation settings. If you choose to do so, you will not be able to check in to a location or see other people checked into locations around you.
Piin does not share historical information on your location settings (i.e. check in data) with other users.
We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, which includes:
- hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, device-specific and apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, advertising IDs (such as Google’s AAID and Apple’s IDFA, both of which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device’ settings), browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g., IMEI/UDID and MAC address);
- information on your wireless and mobile network connection, like your service provider and signal strength;
- information on device sensors such as accelerometers, gyroscopes and compasses.
3. How do we use your data?
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Services. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- administer your account and provide our services to you;
- to help you connect with other users through filters and profiles;
- improvement of our products / services through analysis of user behaviour and surveys;
- to prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorised activities e.g. alleged misbehaviour on or off the application;
- to ensure legal compliance, assist in law enforcement and to exercise our rights, as per our Terms and Conditions;
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- to serve you relevant offers and ads;
- communicate with you for for market research purposes which may be done using email; telephone, or mail;
We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
- if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this data processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
We may use your Data to show you Piin App Ltd adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you Piin App Ltd adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed “Cookies” below).
5. Who do we share Data with?
We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
Other users – in order to help you find matches, we share your information with other users;
Group companies or affiliates – who help us operate and improve our services. These might include data hosting and maintenance, customer care, analytics, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations. Please note that all service provider must agree to strict confidentially obligations;
Relevant authorities – in order to enforce legal rights. For example, we may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing;
Corporate operation – which include, but is not limited to a restructuring, a change in control of the company, a merger, acquisition, a transfer or termination of the Piin App Ltd.
6. How do we keep your data secure?
Piin undertakes to make every effort to guarantee that the stored data is as secure as possible. However, it is your responsibility to take appropriate measures to protect your data. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
We are certified to ISO 27001. This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure.
Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Piin shall not collect data from minors. Should a Member lie about his/her date of birth, and particularly if he/she fraudulently claims to be over 18 years of age, the parents of the minor in question should inform Piin of this by sending an e-mail to the address email@example.com, requesting the data to be deleted. Piin commits to deleting all data on the minor in question as soon as possible.
7. How long do we store your data?
Piin App Ltd will store your data for as long as required for legitimate business purposes (as laid out in section 4) and in order for you to use your account. In practice, we delete or anonymise your information upon deletion of the account (following safety retention window) or after two years of continuous inactivity;
- For the length of the user’s active account; plus two years;
- For as long as required to bring an outstanding issue, claim or dispute to closure or to process a report on fraudulent behaviour;
- For five years when the account is suspended, in compliance with the Terms of Service;
Please note that even though our systems are designed to carry out data deletion processes according to the above guidelines, we cannot promise that all data will be deleted within a specific timeframe due to technical constraints. In addition, even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
8. What are your rights?
We want you to feel comfortable and be in control of your information. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can do this directly on your app under your profile settings.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests.
If you have any question on application tools and settings in relation to managing your data, please visit our FAQs for help here.
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
9. Links to other websites
10. Changes of business ownership and control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- by filling the contact form on Piin’s website (www.piinapp.com).
- by sending an e-mail to our contact e-mail address email@example.com.